Saturday, August 4, 2012

Hospital Birth

Look at me go! Two posts in one week! Im telling you...Im going to catch up!

This is a very special post for me as it is someone very near and dear to my heart. And she has had the hardest time delivering her babies! This is my best friend, my "soul sister" as we say. We have had a very interesting story and past and we have had LOTS of ups and downs. However we have always found our way back! Now we are just older and wiser and then are just a ton of ups and no downs!

Okay so let me tell you a little of our back history. We "knew" about each other when we were in 5th grade. I moved into a neighborhood just down the road from hers. We would soon be starting 6th grade in the same school. Her boyfriend lived down the street from me, however I did not know that it was her boyfriend. :) Needless to say he was a fifth grade boy and soon recruited me to be his girlfriend. We spent a ton of time playing video games and playing at the park. As much of a young boyfriend/girlfriend relationship as it could be. I soon found out about her and knew that she did not particularly care for me. So school starts and what do I do? I decide that I need to become friends with her. It was the start of a beautiful friendship! lol. She could't resist me, even though she called me Steffanie square Oval. My last name was Oles so she thought square oval would be a good name. I love how the 6th grade mind works! So fast forward MANY MANY years....we are the best of friends.

Alright, now on to her birth stories. She has very stubborn babies...as in they want to come out feet first. So C-Sections are the way she has had to go. The first time the anesthesiologists could not get her epidural in, and had to put her completely under. No one wants to do that and not see their baby! This time her water broke early and had to rush in for an emergency c-section. She texted me at about 4:30 or 5 I believe. I thought it was a joke! So I jump up and get dressed and rush out the door! We arrived at the hospital at the same time! Luckily when they got there, baby was not trying to hurry and come out, so they were able to take a little more time. She did not have to be put completely under. She was completely anxious about being awake but the doctors were amazing and completely talked her down. I walked into the room to get my bag just as they were walking in, it was SO hard to see my best friend so upset and scared. Thank God for great doctors!









Proud Grandmas!



I love this. Can you see her pajamas? She kept taking them off, so they had to cut the feet off the pajamas and turn them backwards! And since it was so early in the morning, they had to take her in them.




E was not sure what to think about her baby brother!


signature

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post! It totally made me cry! I love y'alls friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Trust me...I cried a bit typing it! We have a very special friendship and I am blessed to have it!

    ReplyDelete